Penn presents a range of options for commuters. Whether traveling by foot, bike, car, bus, trolley, or train, there is an option that fits the lifestyle of every member of the Penn community.
In addition, the University supports a number of programs to encourage faculty, staff, students, and visitors to utilize alternative modes of transportation. With a valid PennCard, members of the Penn Community can take advantage of Penn Transit, Loop Through University City (LUCY®) and the Drexel University bus system at no charge. Discounts are also offered to faculty, staff, and students for using public transportation options such as Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA), PATCO and N.J. Transit. Penn is also welcoming and accommodating to alternative modes, such as car-sharing, van-pool, walking, and bicycling.
- Hours of Operation Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location Suite 447A
3401 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6228
- Email & Phone Phone: 215-898-8667
- Contact Information
Discounted Commuter Options for Faculty and Staff
- SEPTA Compass Commuters receive a 10% discount for travel around the City (TransPasses) or by regional rail (TrailPasses).
- Commuter Card Prepaid VISA Purchase Commuter Transit or Commuter Parking products from organizations such as Amtrak, NJ Transit, or DART and receive a 5% discount.
- PATCO Freedom Card Discount of 5% for travel in NJ.
- N.J. Transit Discount Discount of 5% for travel in NJ.
- Occasional Parking Passes Learn more.
Discounted Commuter Passes for Students