PennRides on Request, transit’s new mobile app, makes it easy to schedule a ride on our shuttles. It is as simple as Click, Request, Ride.Learn More
Penn Transportation & Parking is dedicated to providing safe, convenient, sustainable and accessible transit, commuter, and parking services to the Penn community.See our Initiatives
Penn Transportation & Parking is committed to promoting sustainable commuting practices through a variety of initiatives within Penn’s Climate Action Plan.See our sustainable transportation Initiatives
Penn Transportation & Parking values the collaborative relationships it has with outside organizations that contribute to the creation of a robust, integrated transit system for the campus community.See our network
Penn Transportation & Parking is committed to bringing new, innovative and enhanced services to the Penn Community.See what's new
Alerts & Updates
The following lots will be closed this week:
- Palestra: Closed Monday, April 22 through Saturday, April 27
- Chancellor 32: Closed Monday, April 22 through Saturday, April 27
- Penn Park: Closed Thursday-Saturday, April 25-27, 2019
Parking for Permit Holders in the above lots has been re-directed to:
- Walnut 32 Garage
- Your hangtag will be honored and attendants will be on duty starting at 5:45 a.m.
- Access is from Chestnut Street at 32nd Street. You may drive right out of the garage when leaving for the day.
- Chestnut 34 garage, Law and Ludlow 34 Lots
- Your hangtag will be honored.
- (Lots) Enter on Chestnut Street between 33rd and 34th Streets or from Ludlow Street between 33rd and 34th Streets
- Penn Park Lot
- If arriving before Walnut 32 opens
*Please note that Hollenback will be available on a limited basis Thursday - Saturday due to a number of reserved spaces.
News & Announcements
Access Penn Transit Services From Your Mobile Device
Using Penn Transit’s bus and shuttle services just got easier with the introduction of a new mobile application.
PennRides on Request, the new free rideshare application, is now available on the App Store and Google Play to members of the Penn Community. This convenient new app allows passengers using our shuttle services to:
- Request a ride immediately or schedule a ride (A minimum of two hours in advance is necessary and a request can be placed up to seven days in advance);
- Monitor and track current ride status in real-time;
- Receive estimated arrival times for their rides; and
- Receive a digital notification when the ride has arrived.
The new app also offers users the ability to toggle to PennRides en Route, Penn Transit’s fixed-route live-map service that features Penn Bus and FMC Shuttle along with information about Loop Around University City (LUCY®) and the Walking Escort Program. Riders can now choose the mode of transportation that is most appropriate for their travels to, from, and around campus, all from within the new rideshare app.
Parking for Penn Relays 2019
Please expect major traffic delays throughout University City as we welcome the 125th year of The Penn Relays to campus. The three-day event is from Thursday-Saturday, April 25-27, with a high school pre-event on Tuesday April 23. Parking will be available for $25 throughout campus; however, excess parking capacities normally found in our facilities will not be available. View the interactive map to locate parking facilities.Read more ...
- I do not see Penn Evening Shuttles information on the live map. How can I follow my shuttle on the map?
- What is PennRides on Request?
- What are the benefits of using PennRides on Request?
- What contingencies are in place if I do not receive my monthly pass in the U.S.P.S. mail?
- What is PennRides en Route?
- Where do I go for SEPTA Information?
- What is Penn Accessible Transit?