PennRides on Request, transit’s new mobile app, makes it easy to schedule a ride on our shuttles. It is as simple as Click, Request, Ride.Learn More
Penn Transportation & Parking is dedicated to providing safe, convenient, sustainable and accessible transit, commuter, and parking services to the Penn community.See our Initiatives
Penn Transportation & Parking is committed to promoting sustainable commuting practices through a variety of initiatives within Penn’s Climate Action Plan.See our sustainable transportation Initiatives
Penn Transportation & Parking values the collaborative relationships it has with outside organizations that contribute to the creation of a robust, integrated transit system for the campus community.See our network
Penn Transportation & Parking is committed to bringing new, innovative and enhanced services to the Penn Community.See what's new
News & Announcements
New Requirements from SEPTA for TransPass Holders
SEPTA has announced that TransPasses are no longer valid as an acceptable fare for Weekday travel on the transportation authority's Airport Regional Rail Line. A Zone 1 or higher TrailPass is required.
Access Penn Transit Services From Your Mobile Device
Using Penn Transit’s bus and shuttle services just got easier with the introduction of a new mobile application.
PennRides on Request, the new free rideshare application, is now available on the App Store and Google Play to members of the Penn Community. This convenient new app allows passengers using our shuttle services to:
- Request a ride immediately or schedule a ride (A minimum of two hours in advance is necessary and a request can be placed up to seven days in advance);
- Monitor and track current ride status in real-time;
- Receive estimated arrival times for their rides; and
- Receive a digital notification when the ride has arrived.
The new app also offers users the ability to toggle to PennRides en Route, Penn Transit’s fixed-route live-map service that features Penn Bus and FMC Shuttle along with information about Loop Around University City (LUCY®) and the Walking Escort Program. Riders can now choose the mode of transportation that is most appropriate for their travels to, from, and around campus, all from within the new rideshare app.
- SEPTA announced that Regional Rail TrailPasses are now fully integrated with its SEPTA Key Program. Does that impact my TrailPass?
- What are the Penn Transit Stops?
- What are the benefits of using the rideshare application, PennRides on Request?
- What contingencies are in place if I do not receive my monthly pass in the U.S.P.S. mail?
- What is PennRides en Route?
- What is Penn Accessible Transit?