Penn Transit is running a grocery shuttle service pilot program that operates Saturday evenings to provide direct transportation from Penn's Campus to Trader's Joe at 2121 Market Street.
During the pilot, one bus will run in a continuous loop departing at 45-minute intervals. The first pick-up will be at 6:30 p.m. at Franklin's Table Transit Stop and concludes with the last pick-up point at 8:55 p.m. at Trader's Joe (the store closes at 9 p.m.). The designated campus transit stops are Franklin's Table, Schattner Building, and the Quad before the bus moves on to Trader's Joe (the store's transit stop is N. 22nd and Commerce Sts.). The complete schedule is found below. The times and route may change over the course of the pilot in order to optimize the route so it is most effective.
This service is being provided at no cost to anyone with a valid PennCard. Transportation will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the bus has reached capacity (20 passengers), no other passengers will be accepted.
Here is additional information for passengers riding the grocery shuttle:
- Since this is a pilot, the schedule may be adjusted.
- Users of the service must display a valid Penn ID and will not be allowed to bring guests. Important COVID-19 ridership requirements also apply.
- To accommodate the needs of all of our passengers, a passenger is limited to only what you can carry. Bags may not block the aisles, seats, or floor for safety reasons. Bags should fit comfortably in your lap or between your feet without impacting the space of other passengers. No grocery carts or storage bins are permitted.
- The bus has the capacity to have 20 seated passengers. The bus will wait no more than five minutes or until it is full.
- Passengers may follow the ETA of the shuttle service on Penn Rides enRoute, which is part of the PennRides on Request mobile app.
The Grocery Shuttle operates on Saturday from 6:30 until 9 p.m.
- Approximate Time
- Franklin's Table
- APPROXIMATE Time 6:30 p.m.
- APPROXIMATE Time 7:15 p.m.
- APPROXIMATE Time 8:00 p.m.
- Schattner Center
- APPROXIMATE Time 6:40 p.m.
- APPROXIMATE Time 7:25 p.m.
- APPROXIMATE Time8:10 p.m.
- The Quad
- APPROXIMATE Time 6:50 p.m.
- APPROXIMATE Time 7:35 p.m.
- APPROXIMATE Time 8:20 p.m.
- Trader Joe's
- APPROXIMATE Time
- APPROXIMATE Time 7:50 p.m.
- APPROXIMATE Time 8:35 p.m.
Last Bus From Trader Joe's is 8:55 p.m.
Note - shoppers are reminded that Trader Joe's adheres to capacity waiting guidelines outside of the store.