Penn Transit operates an evening shuttle service, which provides transportation free of charge to and from campus pick-up locations to any address within the service boundaries. Faculty, staff, and students from Penn, the University of the Sciences and the University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS) may ride free of charge. Passengers need to show their institutional ID to board the shuttle and may bring up to two guests with them. Penn Evening Shuttles operating starting at 6 p. m, seven days a week, year-round except for Penn-recognized holidays.
The easiest way to access this service is to use the PennRides on Request app, a free rideshare app that can be downloaded from the App store or Google Play. You must have a PennKey and password to download the app. (University of the Sciences students should use their own sign-on credentials.)
Riders can also call 215-898-RIDE/7433 to schedule a ride.
Hours of Operation
Penn Evening Shuttles operate seven days a week from 6:00 p.m. – 3:00 a.m. with the following exceptions:
- Shuttles that run east to a Center City location operate Monday – Friday 12 - 3 a.m. and expand service to 6 p.m. – 3 a.m. Saturday – Sunday.
- Travel to 30th Street Station is available from 7 p.m. – 3 a.m. Monday – Friday and 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. Saturday and Sundays.
- A limited early-morning service from campus to off-campus locations is available from 3 a.m. to 7 a.m. Service is not provided during that time to 30th Street Station. Riders may use LUCY service (Loop Around University City) to get to 30th Street Station from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Helpful Hints for Using the Service
- All rides to and from campus must use designated pick-up and drop-off locations. If using the app, these locations are conveniently pre-defined in the app's drop-down menu.
- A valid ride request for on-campus travel must be for at least a 1/2 mile.
- Penn's Division of Public Safety's Walking Escort Service is also available to transit riders.
- For more details about how to use Penn Transit Services, view Rider's Rights and Responsibilities.