Penn supports discounts for public transportation use by faculty, students and staff
Penn's compact urban campus is well served by an extensive network of subway, bus, regional rail, and trolley lines that are located around the campus where public transit stops are never more than a five-minute walk from any part of campus.
Penn offers several options for discounted travel via SEPTA, PATCO, NJ Transit and Amtrak. Up to $265 of your monthly payroll deduction can be paid for through pre-tax deductions. All of Penn's Commuter Options are managed by WageWorks Commuter Services.
Discounted Commuter Passes for Faculty and Staff
Discounted Commuter Passes for Students
General Commuter Options
- Penn Occasional Parking A convenient option for individuals who use public transit, vanpool, carpool, or biking* to commute to Penn but sometimes have a need to drive and park on campus.
- SEPTA Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, operating bus, trolley, subway, and rail services.
- N.J. Transit Operating bus, light rail, and commuter rail services throughout New Jersey and surrounding states.
- DART Delaware’s public transportation system.
- PATCO Rapid transit system running between Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Camden County, New Jersey.
- AMTRAK Nationwide network providing intercity transportation. Penn employees receive a five percent Penn subsidy, which may not exceed $260 each month.
- Megabus Discount bus service.
- Bolt Bus Discount bus service.