Penn Transit Services' goal is to provide safe, convenient and reliable service to authorized riders. A fundamental principle is respect for riders as conveyed in the Penn Transit Services Riders Rights and Responsibilities.
Riders of Penn Transit can expect:
- A courteous and competent driver,
- A secure and timely ride,
- A driver free of distractions, including use of a cell phone or music while driving,
- A clean, well-functioning, and safe vehicle,
- To be safe and secure within the vehicle before the vehicle starts moving,
- To have current route and schedule information available, and
- A simple, timely, and responsive process for filing an idea or suggestion by calling the Penn Transit supervisor on duty at 215-898-RIDE (7433), or by leaving a message on 215-898-IDEA (4332) or on Business Services' Idea Web.
- For safety reasons, all riders from Penn, University of Sciences, University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS) and Drexel University (buses only) must show a valid institutional ID to board a Penn Transit vehicle. Drivers may refuse entry to any person not showing a valid form of ID.
- Each driver has the right to deny service to any disruptive person. Penn Police will provide assistance when required.
- PennCard passengers only: if you have lost, forgotten, or have had your PennCard stolen, you will need to call 215-898-RIDE (7433) before boarding a vehicle to obtain permission to use the system.
- Valid institutional ID cardholders may be accompanied by up to two (2) guests provided they ride with the passenger who is possession of the valid ID.