As the University's foodservice professional, Penn Dining oversees numerous food operations and dining services, and consults on all food-related planning issues. Our mission is to ensure delivery of consistent, high-quality food to a diverse on-campus clientele through a wide variety of venues.
As part of our portfolio we:
- In partnership with Bon Appetit, oversee three residential dining facilities (English House, 1920 Commons, Hill); 10 retail establishments (Accenture Café, Gourmet Grocer, Houston Market, Joe’s Café, Mark’s Café, McClelland Express, and Starbucks); a Kosher Dining facility (Falk); and campus catering.
- Work with the Heathland Hospitality Group which manages three cafes in Huntsman Hall: the Wharton Express which features coffee and grab-and-go items, the Bridge and the Plaza Cafés which offer regional foods including free-range poultry, pole-and-line caught albacore tuna, Lancaster County grain-fed beef, and locally grown vegetables.
- Oversee the University Club, a Penn institution conveniently located on the 2nd floor of The Inn at Penn, which offers buffet dining for a relaxed lunch featuring hot entrees, salad bar, made-to-order sandwiches, desserts and more to its Penn Community members.
- Coordinate the Campus Farmer’s Market located at 36th and Walnut Streets, and open seasonally (May - November) on Wednesdays.
- Manages on-campus vending outlets with over 225 vending machines throughout campus offering a full range of foods and beverages, including healthier options as well as traditional snacks and drinks.
- Support a variety of sustainability efforts including recycling, composting, local food purchases, and sustainable food practices in all our facilities.