It’s as simple as Click. Request. Ride!
PennRides on Request is the new rideshare app that enables passengers to request a ride on the University’s on-demand services such as Pennovation Works, Penn Accessible Transit, and Penn’s Evening Shuttles.
Among the many features of the new app are:
- Scheduling a ride in advance. A minimum of two hours is necessary to submit a ride request prior to your desired pick-up time. Rides may be scheduled up to seven days in advance;
- Receiving estimated arrival times that you can follow in real-time on the app;
- Getting a digital push notification when your driver has arrived at the pick-up location;
- Ensuring that an ADA-accessible vehicle is assigned to any passenger request that requires accommodation for a wheelchair; and,
- The ability to toggle from the PennRides on Request application to PennRides en Route, Penn Transit’s fixed-route live map service, so that you can choose the ride that is most appropriate for your travels.
PennRides on Request is available on the Apple Store and Google Play. Just look for the PennRides on Request listing. The free rideshare app is open to passengers with a valid PennKey or University of the Sciences riders who can use their institutional log-in credentials to access PennRides on Request.
Two videos have been created for passengers who wish to use the University's transit services:
Want to learn more? Visit the PennRides on Request Frequently Asked Questions.