FAQs Transit FAQs
Apple devices should have iOS 12.0 at a minimum to enjoy the app’s full functionality. Droid mobile devices require at least 6.0 to run PennTransit Mobile correctly.
Additionally, it’s recommended that app users be sure to review their mobile device settings to accept push notifications. Another helpful hint to maximize the app’s functionality is to allow background refresh on your device.
PennTransit Mobile supports Penn Evening Shuttles, Pennovation Works Shuttle, A.M. Medical, FMC Shuttle, Penn Bus East, Penn Bus West, and Penn Accessible Transit (PAT). The app also accommodates University charter trips when they are in service. Riders can request a ride for on-demand services and follow fixed-route vehicles as they travel along their routes.
You can download the free PennTransit Mobile app by visiting the IOS App Store or Google Play Store. Just search for the PennTransit Mobile listing.
Although the app is very intuitive and easy to use, there are some features that you will want to be sure you are aware of so that you may take advantage of them. Please take the opportunity to view the app’s short tutorial when you install the app. Some basic tips can guide you through how to use the app.
The free mobile app offers a single platform that allows users to view fixed-route and on-demand Penn Transit services from one screen to easily select their preferred mode of transportation. The app’s many benefits include:
- Receive improved arrival estimates that you can follow in real-time on the app;
- Schedule a ride in advance – minimum scheduling time is two hours and rides may be scheduled up to seven days in advance;
- Get a digital “arrival” notification when your driver has arrived at the pick-up location;
- Access a robust selection of commonly requested points of interest located in Penn Transit’s service boundaries;
-- Obtain walking and bike-sharing options to complete your integrated trip request; and,
- Ensure that an ADA-accessible vehicle is assigned to a passenger request when requested.