FAQs Transit FAQs
PennRides on Request
Among the app’s many benefits are:
- Scheduling a ride in advance. A minimum of two hours in advance is necessary to request a ride. A ride may be requested up to seven days in advance.
- Receiving an Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) that you can follow in real-time on the app;
- Getting a digital push notification when your driver has arrived at the pick-up location;
- Ensuring that an ADA-accessible vehicle is assigned to any passenger request that requires accommodation for a wheelchair; and,
- The ability to toggle from the PennRides on Request application to PennRides en Route, Penn Transit’s fixed-route live map service, so that you can choose the ride that is most appropriate for your travels.
PennRides on Request is Penn Transit’s new mobile application that enables passengers to request a ride on the University’s on-demand transit services.
By using the free rideshare app, it is no longer necessary to call 215-898-RIDE/7433 to ask for a ride, although that option remains available.