FAQs Transit FAQs
PennRides on Request
PennRides on Request is Penn Transit’s new mobile application that enables passengers to request a ride on the University’s on-demand transit services.
By using the free rideshare app, it is no longer necessary to call 215-898-RIDE/7433 to ask for a ride, although that option remains available.
Among the app’s many benefits are:
- Scheduling a ride in advance. A minimum of two hours in advance is necessary to request a ride. A ride may be requested up to seven days in advance.
- Receiving an Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) that you can follow in real-time on the app;
- Getting a digital push notification when your driver has arrived at the pick-up location;
- Ensuring that an ADA-accessible vehicle is assigned to any passenger request that requires accommodation for a wheelchair; and,
- The ability to toggle from the PennRides on Request application to PennRides en Route, Penn Transit’s fixed-route live map service, so that you can choose the ride that is most appropriate for your travels.