FAQs Parking FAQs
Parking - General FAQs
As a permit holder, we can validate parking, as a courtesy, under emergency circumstances.
If you forget your garage access to one of our Permit/Visitor garages (G40, G38, G37, or G7), you can park in your garage and walk over to receive a validated ticket. Validation is only for emergency situations; we will not validate multiple days. If you will not have your garage access for two or more days, you will need to pick up a replacement for $30 ($65 for AVI hangtags). We will refund the replacement cost if returned within 2 weeks.
Please contact Penn Police (215-898-7297) immediately to report the incident. If it occurred in a Penn garage or lot, follow up with a call to Parking Operations (215-898-8667) to file a report.
If you will need to utilize a rental car, update your parking account with the new vehicle information and remember to get your parking credentials from the car. In the event that you are unable to gather your credentials, bring a copy of the Police Report to the Parking Office to receive a replacement garage access. These credentials must be returned to our office once your previous access is returned to you.
If you do not have a police report, replacement credentials can be obtained with a $30 fee, refundable up to 2 weeks.
There are many choices for visitors to select from for public parking at the University of Pennsylvania. They are:
- Chestnut 34 Garage - northeast corner of 34th Street between Ludlow and Chestnut Streets,
- Penn Museum Garage - South Street and Convention Avenue,
- Penn Museum Harrison Lot - South 33rd Street below South Street
- Penn Park Lot - 31st and Lower Walnut Streets,
- Walnut 38 Garage - northeast corner at 38th and Walnut Streets, and
- Walnut 40 Garage - northwest corner at 40th and Walnut Street.
There are additional options for evening and weekend visitors; see our Interactive Parking Map for exact locations as well as rates and accepted forms of payment.
The Transportation and Parking Office requests patrons to maintain an online parking profile so we can facilitate changes to your parking order. Some of the reasons why you may need to update your profile include a name change, position change, address change, medical leave, disability leave, sabbatical leave, or leaving the University, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, or the University community.
Additionally, with current contact information:
- We can assist you should you no longer wish to maintain your parking credentials and want to stop your payroll deduction; and
- The staff at Parking Services can help you make the appropriate adjustments to your parking payroll deduction if you change your employment status.
You may update your parking profile from the home page of the Parking website, under Faculty and Staff.
Tall vehicles should park in one of our visitor parking lots instead of a garage. Our two visitor parking lots are Penn Park and Harrison - Penn Museum. For location, hours and pricing, consult our Parking Map.
The Penn Transportation and Parking Office is open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The office is located at 3401 Walnut Street, Suite 447A, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6228. You may also contact Parking staff via email at email@example.com or by calling the team at 215.898.8667.