Move In Dates, Exceptions and Early Move Ins - Undergraduate
|Freshmen||August 24, 25 as assigned||No charge|
|New International Students ||August 23||Charge for 1 night|
|Freshmen registered in Pre-Orientation programs ||According to sponsoring program||According to sponsoring program |
|Sponsored by Penn organization||According to sponsoring program||According to sponsoring program|
|Upperclass||August 27||No charge|
|Upperclass||August 21-27||Per night fee|
EARLY MOVE IN - THINGS TO KNOW
- Freshmen will be able to view their assigned move-in date of either August 24 or 25 in Campus Express. The assigned date is the start of occupancy for Fall semester.
- Freshmen are NOT permitted to move in before these dates with two exceptions:
- New International students, who may move in on August 23 for a one night charge
- Freshmen registered for and sponsored by official University organization activities including pre-orientation programs, athletics or similar groups
- Upperclass Move In begins on August 27; this is the start of occupancy for the Fall semester for upperclass students.
- Returning students may move in earlier than August 27, beginning on August 21, for a per-day charge prorated against their Fall rent.
- Returning students who are registered for and sponsored by official University organization activities including move in, NSO, athletics etc, may move on the date provided by the sponsor.
Logistics Support for Early Move In
- Move In will be self-service.
- Unloading will be at designated curbside locations for each house.
- Guest passes will be available through the Information Center or check in location for the house.
- Carts may be available in limited quantities and for limited periods of time to accommodate arriving students.
- College House staff availability may be limited.
- Early Move In exceptions are granted to the above mentioned groups with the caveat that official move in dates are set to provide the best of services and staffing.