- Convenient on-campus location
- 24 hour security and front desk services
- Fully furnished units; utilities, cable, Internet included; free laundry facilities
- Academic year lease option
- Study and group work spaces; TV and game room
- International student community; planned social events
During the 2016-2017 academic year, Sansom Place East will be a graduate residence and Sansom Place West will be an undergraduate residence called The College House at Sansom West.
For additional information about graduate housing in Sansom Place, please see the Sansom Place Website.
Click on arrows below for full details.
- General Information
- Style of Housing:
- Apartment-style housing
- All units have private bath
- Wired and wireless access to PennNet in all bedrooms.
- Penn Video Network offers a variety of television channels.
- Optional landline telephone service available for a fee. Please visit www.upenn.edu/sts.
- Seasonally air-conditioned
- Pets not allowed
- Primarily graduate student housing
- Also houses approximately 300 undergraduates
- Number of Residents (excluding staff): 542 Sansom East, 516 Sansom West
- Number of first-year students: 0
- Number of each room type (excluding staff):
Sansom East (Graduate only)
- 190 Single
- 122 Single Apartment (1BR/LR/Kit)
- 115 Double (2BR/Kit)
Sansom West (Undergraduate only)
- 168 Single
- 65 Single Apartment (1BR/LR/Kit)
- 82 Double (2BR/Kit)
- 43 Double (1BR/LR/Kit)
- Layout/Floor Plan
- Important Notice:
- The purpose of these diagrams is to convey general information only. Dimensions are taken from a representative room. Individual rooms may vary in size and amenities. Changes may occur over time that are not reflected in the diagrams.
- For maximum quality and efficiency when printing these pictures, it is recommended that you save the individual room images to your hard drive and print from there.
- Room Furnishings
- Bed (twin extra-long 36x80x6)
- Desk & Chair
- Sofa in some units
- Table & Chairs in some units
- VCT tile flooring
- Sample Room Photos
- Single Room-1BR/Shared bath - Bedroom
- Single Room-1BR/Shared bath - Bathroom
- Single Apartment-1BR/LR/Kit - Bedroom
- Single Apartment-1BR/LR/Kit - Bathroom
- Single Apartment-1BR/LR/Kit -Living Room
- Single Apartment-1BR/LR/Kit - Kitchen
- Important Notice:
- The purpose of these pictures are to provide you with a visual of these room types
- Please note that the decorations and some of the furnishings are not provided with these rooms
- Please click here to watch a video tour of a Sansom Place one bedroom apartment.
- House Facilities
- Sansom East
- Study/Tech room with standing desks and large-screen usb display
- Drafting room with drafting desks and large work table
- Fitness Room - coming spring 2016!
- Community lounge with TV, foosball and ping pong tables
- Pool tables/TV lounge in lobby
- Laundry room
- Piano room
- College House at Sansom West
- Study rooms
- Pool tables/TV lounge in lobby
- Laundry Room
- Special-interest graduate communities
- Sansom Place East
- Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Science, Nursing)
- Social Work
- Terms of Occupancy
- The occupancy period for graduate students in Sansom East is August 27, 2016 through June 30, 2017. Residents may apply for Early Termination effective June 1 if they submit documentation from their school confirming that their academic year has ended. If approved, June rent will be prorated based on the date move-out has been completed.
- When you apply, you must agree to the Terms and Conditions for University Housing. Your commitment to live on campus and your financial obligation begins immediately upon room assignment. Cancellation is only granted under the conditions defined by the Terms and conditions.
- Graduate residents of Sansom East, with occupancy terms extending through June 30, may apply for Early Termination effective June 1 if they submit documentation from their school confirming that their academic year has ended. If Early Termination is approved, June rent will be prorated based on the actual move-out date.
- Rent is billed monthly for graduate students and per semester for undergraduate students. Rent is due in accordance with the schedule and policies set by the Office of Student Financial Services. New room rates are effective July 1 for both new and returning students.
- Sansom Place Exterior Building Maintenance Project - Summer 2016
- A university project to repair and resurface Sansom Place began during the summer of 2015. Sansom West underwent renovations during the summer months of 2015. Work on Sansom Place East will be done during the summer of 2016. The project is slated to begin on May 18, 2016 and is expected to be completed by mid-August 2016.
The work will include cleaning, repairing and sealing the entire exterior surface of the building. This will improve the durability and external appearance of the building’s façade.
Much of the project will involve use of roof-hung scaffolding. The scaffolds may be located near or next to apartment windows and apartment area. Out of consideration for resident privacy, we will make every effort to contact affected residents in advance about work scheduled for their specific floors and apartments. There will be some noise related to the work. The resurfacing process will also produce dust and some debris which may be carried to areas where there is no work taking place.
Please visit Sansom Place East Facade Project for up-to-date information about this building maintenance project.
If you have any concerns about the project and the information in this email, please contact your Sr. RSM Jeremy Estrada at
, or stop at the Info Center.