Grad Plus Policy
Graduate students residing in Sansom Place East and Sansom Place West may share their one bedroom apartment with a spouse, partner, or significant other adult (18 or older). The policy and guidelines are set forth in the Residential Handbook. Families with children cannot be accommodated. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more information.
Grad Plus Registration Process
- The student and his/her spouse, partner, or significant other must come to the Housing Assignments Office located in Stouffer Commons at 3702 Spruce Street to fill out a registration form and pick up a PennCard Request Form. This should be done within 5 days of arriving on campus. Please note, room keys will not be issued to the spouse, partner, or significant other until all of the registration steps are complete.
- Once the registration form is complete, the student and the spouse, partner, or significant other will take the PennCard Request Form to the PennCard Center, located on the second floor of the Penn Book Store at 3601 Walnut Street, to receive a University ID. The spouse, partner, or significant other will be responsible for paying for the cost of the University ID.
- The spouse, partner, or significant other must return to the Housing Assignments Office so that a copy of their new ID and their Penn ID number can be added to the registration form.
- At this point the Housing Assignments Office will add the additional resident to the housing system, linking them to the student’s room and mailbox.
- An email will be sent to the Senior Residential Services Manager for Sansom Place to set-up access to the building (both a room key and University ID swipe access) and make sure the additional resident is officially registered with the mailroom.