The Department of Residential Services is managed by John Eckman, Director of Residential Services, and is made up of two distinct units: Housing Assignments and Building Administration.
- Administration of undergraduate and graduate room assignments
- Coordination with College Houses and Academic Services in room assignment processes
- Management of system wide room and capacity inventory, room use and associated fees
- Liaison with University information systems, student financial services and office of the registrar
Coordinate departmental technology initiatives, planning and support
- Lead Sansom Place staff
- Develop and maintain programs for Sansom Place residents
resident needs through education, advisement and community building
- Provide resources and information regarding off-campus housing options
- Make referrals to landlord listings
- Liaison with Facilities Services for housekeeping, maintenance, and other facilities concerns
- Manage 24 hour Information Centers in each residence.
Manage external service providers for mail and parcel delivery, laundry equipment, microfridge rentals.
- Manage large and small construction and renovation projects
- Provide daily services in each residence: lock out keys, guest sign-in, equipment loan. Respond to front line customer and visitor requests, emergencies and related issues.
- Coordinate Move-In and Move-Out and housing support to University events
Oversee residential safety and security, including residential access and life safety systems
The Department of Hospitality Services
The Department of Finance
- Provides fiscal oversight
- Manages budget planning
- Carries out all financial processes
- Maintaina and process departmental payroll and human resources functions