Residential Services Highlights
- 6700 residents
- 50 full time employees
- 259 student employees
- 3000 rooms and apartments
- 16 house-based customer service locations staffed 24/7
- 8 live-in professional staff serving in evening and weekend on call
- Provide mentorship and advising to the student Residential Advisory Board
- State of the art life safety systems for fire suppression and evacuation management.
- Perimeter security systems utilizing CCTV, motion detectors, alarms, card swipe entrance and magnetic locks. Consistently high ratings in annual surveys for student satisfaction with security.
- No fee for laundry; Laundry Alert provides online laundry machine status information and email alerts to users about machine availability.
- Sustainability initiatives include participation in campus-wide "Power Down" challenges, installation of Green Roof in King’s Court/English House in 2007, installation of water saving showerheads and toilets, use of low-E windows in all renovations, upgrades to HVAC and heating systems to improve efficiency.
- Two historically significant residences:
- University Quadrangle, designed by Cope and Stewart in 1895
- Hill College House, designed by Aero Saarinen in 1963