Alumni of the University of Pennsylvania are eligible to have an Alumni PennCard.
- To obtain your PennCard if you live in the Philadelphia area: Visit the PennCard Center with a valid, government issued photo I.D. Following your picture being taken for the card, the card will be printed and ready in a few minutes.
- Your PennCard is good for 5 years.
- The cost of the card is $30 and can be paid by cash, check, or credit (Visa or Master Card).
Spouses of alumni are eligible to have a PennCard for use of the University libraries and recreation services.
- Both the Alumni cardholder and the spouse or partner must come to the PennCard Center.
- The Alumni cardholder must bring their valid Alumni PennCard and their spouse/partner must bring a valid, government issued photo I.D.
- Bring documentation that shows proof of marriage or domestic partnership. Acceptable documentation (which must show the same last names or both last names) includes a marriage certificate, a shared lease, a shared bank or credit account or a passport coded for partner or spouse (J2 or F2). Staff or faculty may also present a form from Human Resources confirming domestic partnership.
- A PennCard will be issued that will expire when the Alumni cardholder's card expires.
- Alumni spouse/partner will be issued a guest card with Alumni Spouse/Partner on the third line.
- There is a $25 charge for the card ($30 as of Aug. 1, 2014) and this charge may be paid by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard by the cardholder.