Penn Transit Services strives to provide a program that is safe and hospitable for everyone. A fundamental principle is respect for riders as conveyed in the Penn Transit Services Riders Responsibilities.
Riders of Penn Transit can expect:
- A courteous and competent driver,
- A secure and timely ride,
- A driver free of distractions, including use of a cell phone or music while driving,
- A clean, well-functioning, and safe vehicle,
- To be safe and secure within the vehicle before the vehicle starts moving,
- To have current route and schedule information available, and
- A simple, timely and responsive process for filing an idea or suggestion by calling the Penn Transit supervisor on duty at 215-898-RIDE (7433), or by leaving a message on 215-898-IDEA (4332) or on Business Services' Idea Web,
The above items are intended to serve as general guidelines. Please note that Penn Transit's services are also subject to applicable University policies and that factors beyond the University’s control (such as weather conditions and safety concerns) may affect the operation of these services.
- For safety reasons, all riders must show their valid PennCard, University of Sciences card, or their University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS) card to the driver upon entering the vehicle. A valid Drexel University card can also be used to ride the buses only.
- Drivers may refuse entry to any person not showing a valid PennCard, University of Sciences card, University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS) card, or Drexel University card (buses only).
- Each driver has the right to deny service to any disruptive person. Penn Police will provide assistance when required.
- Those riders who have had their PennCards lost or stolen, or forgotten their identification cards, will need to call 215-898-RIDE (7433) before boarding a vehicle to obtain permission to use the system.
- Valid PennCard or University of Sciences cardholders may be accompanied by up to two (2) guests provided they ride with a PennCard or University of Sciences card holder.