Falk Dining Cafe is the kosher café, located on the first floor of the Hillel building on 39th and Locust Walk. All food is prepared Glatt kosher and under the supervision of the Community Kashrus of Greater Philadelphia. We welcome Penn students as well as members of the surrounding community to enjoy the amazing cuisine and sense of community that you will experience when you dine at Falk Dining Cafe.
- Falk Dining Commons will accept Meal Swipes in addition to Dining Dollar$, PennCash, Cash, and Credit.
- Dinners at Falk Dining will become exclusively All-You-Care-to-Eat. The cost of dinner will be one Meal Swipe (or the Door Cash/Dining Dollar$/Credit/PennCash Equivalent) plus a $3 surcharge.
- Lunch at Falk Dining will launch a “Meal Equivalency” option which will allow students to purchase a bundle of 5 items (an entrée, three sides/dessert, and a beverage) for the cost of one meal swipe plus a $3 surcharge. Retail à la carte options will also continue to be available at lunch.
- Dinner on Tuesday and Thursday evenings will offer expanded, “All-You-Care-to-Eat” dairy options in addition to the regular “All-You-Care-to-Eat” meat selection.
Weekday Kosher Dining Services during the Academic Year
- Hours of Operation (Weekdays)
- Lunch// Monday Thru Friday 11:30am – 2:00pm
- Dinner//Monday Thru Thursday 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Sabbath Dinner// After the candle lighting ceremony
- Sabbath Lunch// 11:00am - 1:30pm
Kosher Reservation System
- To avoid an escalated price, reservations for Sabbath Dinner are taken through the reservation system, Monday at 5:00pm - Thursday at 5:00pm. To register go to our Kosher reservations page and click the appropriate link.
Sabbath Dinner and Lunch Prices
Sabbath Dinner - Prices currently under review and are subject to change
- For Penn Students –
- Any Sabbath Dinner with a reservation is $9.99 per person
- Any Sabbath Dinner without a reservation is $12.99 per person
- Students on a meal plan and with a reservation can use a meal swipe,
- Students on a meal plan, but without a reservation, can use a meal swipe, with an additional $3 surcharge.
- For Penn Faculty, Staff, and Community members
- Sabbath Dinner with a reservation is $17 per person.
- Sabbath Dinner without a reservation is $22 per person
Sabbath Lunch- Prices currently under review and are subject to change
- The cost for everyone is $14.50 per person. Reservations are not necessary for Sabbath Lunch
- Penn Students on a meal plan can use a swipe for Sabbath Lunch with an additional $3.00 surcharge added.
Guest meals cannot be used for Sabbath Dinner or Lunch.
Interested in a catered event at Falk Dining? Please call Bon Appétit Catering at 215-573-8633 or 215-773-8030.