Falk Dining Cafe is the kosher café, located on the first floor of the Hillel building on 39th and Locust Walk. All food is prepared Glatt kosher and under the supervision of the Community Kashrus of Greater Philadelphia. We welcome Penn students as well as members of the surrounding community to enjoy the amazing cuisine and sense of community that you will experience when you dine at Falk Dining Cafe.
- Falk Dining Commons accepts Meal Swipes, Dining Dollar$, PennCash, Cash, and Credit. When using a Meal Swipe, there is a $3 surcharge.
- Dinner on Tuesday and Thursday evenings offers expanded, “All-You-Care-to-Eat” dairy options in addition to the regular “All-You-Care-to-Eat” meat selection.
Weekday Kosher Dining Services during the Academic Year
- Hours of Operation (Weekdays)
- Lunch// Monday - Friday 11:30am – 2:00pm
- Dinner//Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Sabbath Dinner// After the candle lighting ceremony
- Sabbath Lunch// 11:00am - 1:30pm
Kosher Reservation System
- To avoid an escalated price, reservations for Sabbath Dinner are taken through a reservation system, Monday at 5:00pm - Thursday at 5:00pm. To register, go to the Kosher reservations page and click the appropriate link.
Sabbath Dinner and Lunch Prices
Sabbath Dinner - Prices are subject to change
- For Penn Students –
- Any Sabbath Dinner with a reservation is $9.99 per person
- Any Sabbath Dinner without a reservation is $12.99 per person
- Students on a meal plan and with a reservation can use a meal swipe,
- Students on a meal plan, but without a reservation, can use a meal swipe, with an additional $3 surcharge.
- For Penn Faculty, Staff, and Community members
- Sabbath Dinner with a reservation is $17 per person.
- Sabbath Dinner without a reservation is $22 per person
Sabbath Lunch- Prices are subject to change
- The cost for everyone is $14.50 per person. Reservations are not necessary for Sabbath Lunch
- Penn Students on a meal plan can use a swipe for Sabbath Lunch with an additional $3.00 surcharge added.
Guest meals cannot be used for Sabbath Dinner or Lunch.
Interested in a catered event at Falk Dining? Please call Bon Appétit Catering at 215-573-8633 or 215-773-8030.